Friday, March 29, 2013

DIY Bridal Shower Centerpieces

Something important that y'all should know about my life: Thursday nights are always girls nights at my house. We normally drink wine, cook dinner, and do crafts (fun night, right?). This past Thursday, one of my wonderful bridesmaids, Julie, came over to help create the bridal shower centerpieces.

I had no idea what I wanted to do, I just knew that I wanted it to be simple with a little bit of drama. I've been looking at a lot of ideas on Pinterest (of course) and I noticed that I liked the look of vases with ribbon.

I was lucky enough to inherit about 50 vases from a girlfriend who got married last summer. She just gave them all to me. Well, there were ten of one certain type, so we choose those to use as the centerpieces, since we didn't need that many. The rest will be used for the wedding centerpieces (post to come soon, just started working on them!).

I went to Michaels and bought thick white ribbon, and skinny navy and pink ribbon (our wedding colors). I also picked up some pink daisies. I only spent $10 at Michaels because I had a 30% off coupon. I had previously purchased a large amount of silver willow branches from someone on Craisglist for only $30. I swear, coupons and Craigslist is the way to go. I never buy anything at Michaels without a coupon, because they send me them every week. And you can find the most random things on Craigslist. Never rule out anything you see on there, because you can turn anything into something.

We hot glued the ribbon to the vases and then added the daisies. Then, we cut the willow branches to the length we wanted and viola! Here's the result:



The only thing that I need to do is re-paint the willow branches silver. The paint chipped on all the ends from cutting it. But, that will be easy! I just love them. They will be bright and add the drama that I'm looking for. Hope y'all like!

No comments:

Post a Comment