Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DIY Bridal Shower Invitations

Since my whole life is consumed by my upcoming wedding, I though it would be fitting to have my first blog post about wedding crafts! I pride myself on being a bride that can do mostly everything DIY, without spending ridiculous amounts of money on something that can be done by me.

My Bridal Shower is in June, so it's almost time to send out the invitations. Now, I looked on all the popular invitation websites, but their pricing was ridiculous. I mean, $1 - $2 on each invite?! At 75 people, that's a lot of unnecessary spending. So, I took it into upon myself and make them on my own.

First off, Michaels is a wonderful, wonderful place. I was able to pick up a pack of 100 plain  white invitations with envelops for $14.99 plus a 20% off coupon. I also scored awesome bright pink invitation insert holders on clearance for $2.99 for a 25 count (I picked up three). That's a total of about $20 for the materials. Not bad!

Once I got home, I designed a simple word document for the layout of my invites and then printed them out. Easy as that! Once they were all printed, I stuffed them into the insert holders and into the envelopes, and handed them off to my bridesmaid to send out.



I love them, I think the end result is simple and classy, which is exactly what I'm going for. What do y'all think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment